- This event has passed.
Winter Clothing Drive for New Avenues for Youth
December 4 @ 5:00 pm - December 8 @ 8:00 pm
For homeless youth, the holidays and winter can be difficult times. In an effort to share in the magic of the holiday season with those less fortunate than us, Imperial has partnered with 8 local breweries to coordinate a week-long clothing drive that benefits New Avenues for Youth.
Throughout the week of Dec 4 – Dec 8, if you donate an article of cold-weather clothing from 5-8PM, in return you will get to choose between receiving either an article of new brewery apparel or a $1 pint from either of that night’s 2 feature breweries. The featured breweries (and beers) are as follows:
– Mon. 12/4: Ancestry Brewing Powdered Pale & Oakshire Brewing Blackberry Sun Made Berliner Weisse
– Tu. 12/5: Culmination Brewing Company Phaedrus IPA & Sunriver Brewing Co. Cocoa Cow Chocolate Milk Stout
– Wed. 12/6: Deschutes Brewery Portland Public House Pacific Wonderland Lager& Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider Revival Dry Cider
– Thur. 12/7: Royale Brewing Company Nitro Inspektor Red & Swift Cider Marionberry Cider (try as a snake bite!)
– Friday 12/8: All 8 of the above breweries and beers!
So please stop by with that old jacket wasting space in your closet, and you’ll get to enjoy a $1 beer or take home some rad brewery apparel!
Note: Only one exchange per customer, per night, but please donate as much as you can.
Note: the clothing drive is occurring at our Division location only. However, if you do want to drop clothing off at our Alberta location, we will gladly give you $1 off the pint of your choice (one per customer per night).
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues for Youth is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the prevention and intervention of youth homelessness. Since 1997, our programs and services have impacted more than 20,000 young people as they work to overcome barriers, pursue their goals, and realize their potential. From supporting basic needs like meals and counseling to providing opportunities for education, job training, employment, and housing, we meet youth where they are—and help them get where they want to go.
Our mission is to work in partnership with our community to prevent youth homelessness and provide young people experiencing or at-risk of homelessness the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives.