- This event has passed.
2nd Annual Duane Graf Memorial Homebrew Competition
May 29, 2016 @ 9:00 am
We are pleased to announce that the Second Annual Duane Graf Homebrew Competition judging will be held Sunday, May 29th, at 9 a.m. at Lompoc Sidebar, 3901 N. Williams. The winning entries will be brewed at Lompoc, Widmer Bros. and new this year, Base Camp!
The categories are:
• Pride of Cascadia: Pale Ale, IPA, Imperial IPA, Cascadian Dark Ale, and Northwest Red
• Full 90: anything sessionable. The goal is a beer that you can drink for the full 90 minutes of watching a match: blonde ales, golden ales, Kölsch, and pale lagers are good examples, but this is a sessionable summer beer category, so whatever you think fits.
• BundesOregon: A beer with both an Oregon and German twist to it. A German style with Oregon flair; Oregon beer with German flair; be creative! The only caveat is no long fermentation styles like lagers or sour beers. (Base Camp needs to be able to fit it into their brew schedule.)
The category winners are selected by a panel of judges who are not necessarily picking the best BJCP style, but what best represents the categories.
Entries may be dropped off at these locations:
• FH Steinbart Co. — 234 SE 12th Ave, Portland
• Bader Beer & Wine — 711 Grand Blvd, Vancouver
** Entries must be received by Friday, May 27th **
To enter, bring two bottles of each beer, tagged with this label,: http://www.bjcp.org/docs/SCP_BottleID.pdf and a completed entry form http://www.bjcp.org/docs/SCP_EntryRecipe.pdf
Fee is $10 per entry; $5 per entry for 107ist members. Please make checks payable to 107ist.
Judges will also be needed! Some experience would be wonderful, but not necessary. Please let me know.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Also check out the Timbers Army Fermentation Corp on Facebook.