- This event has passed.
2nd Annual Adults Only MOTS Seder (Ages: 30s and 40s)
April 22, 2016 @ 7:00 pm
Our Second Annual Adults Only PDX MOTS (30s-40s) Passover Dinner will be on the first night, Friday, April 22nd. It’s truly going to be a fun feast and a fabulous affair which we hope will become a cornerstone event for us. You don’t want to miss out! All the details including our decadent menu is below.
First This Important Note: We need a minimum of 40 MOTS though we have room for 56! Please reserve your spot and pay ASAP (latest by April 5th). See EVERYONE MUST PREPAY for details on confirming your spot.
Who: MOTS aka Members of the Tribe aka Jewish peeps ages 30-49. If someone says hey what’s your religion, and you naturally answer I’m Jewish.
When: FRIDAY, April 22nd. Doors open at 7pm. Seder to begin promptly at 7:30pm.
Where: Simpactica (Special thanks to MOT Morgan for her truly diligent research on restaurant options for us!)
Cost: $45pp includes your first glass of wine, dinner and gratuity. Exciting bonus: Turn the Tables is subsidizing each of us by $15 for interweaving information about the current refugee crisis into our seder. This allows us to bring down the cost per person from $60 to $45. And tremendous thanks to generous MOT Adam Reiter for providing everyone with first glass of vino!
Our Fabulous Passover Dinner Menu
Apple Walnut Charoset
Soup Course: Homemade Matzoh Ball Soup
Family Style Dinner
– Salad of Arugula, Shaved Fennel, Radish, Sliced Almonds with Citrus Honey Vinaigrette
– Braised Beef Brisket with Smoked Onion Jus
– Tzimmes with Roasted Root Vegetables, Dried Fruit and Honey
– Choice of Apple Raisin Matzah Kugel or Potato Kugel
– Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Espelette Chili
Alcohol: Should you want to bring a bottle of wine, your corkage fee per bottle will be $5 (reduced from $10). There will also be a no-host bar if you would prefer to buy your wine by the glass or have a different drink.
We will have Seder plates on the table. The meal is not conforming to kosher rules. We will be doing a lively Seder service.
WILL YOU HELP?
– I’d love help with seder plates and the items for them! So if you are willing to help with any aspect please comment below.
– Do you like to cook? We are allowed to bring dessert. So, please prepare a Passover unleavened dessert if you are at all willing. Again, note below in comments so other bakers, cookers, dessert makers are able to see.
– Would you be willing to pay for yourself and pay for another so someone of less means may attend? Or add $10 to $25 or more to the amount you pay on paypal to help cover additional costs? Any additional amount would be greatly appreciated.
– SPREAD THE WORD! Help us grow our community. Other Jewish peeps in their 30s and 40s (who are not members of our meetup) are more than welcome to attend.
– Would love anyone to alternatively chip in by buying a bottle or more of Manischevitz or Kedem grape juice. Again, comment below if willing.
EVERYONE MUST PREPAY. Please send $45pp (or more) via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org (please do NOT select this is as a good or service I’m providing as I want to avoid paying a fee for your using your credit card… we are not making money off this event.)
ONE MORE THING… Many thanks too to the Jewish Federation of Greater Portland for providing a $500 contribution to this dinner to help us secure the space.
I/we really hope to see you there so we may celebrate this important Jewish holiday together!
Thanks so much!
P.S. In your 30s and 40s and at least identify yourself as culturally Jewish? Want to officially join PDX MOTS? Visit our Meetup Group called PDX MOTS and sign up!
P.S.S. Currently at 30 RSVPs.